Welcome to the Great Pyrenees Club of America Website
Hold cursor over slide show to pause
In 1935 the Great Pyrenees Club of America (GPCA) became recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) as the Parent Club for the Great Pyrenees breed. Every AKC breed has one parent club, which is the only nationwide club for that specific breed. A parent club is a member club of the AKC; and is licensed by the AKC to hold AKC competitions, which lead to all the titles bestowed by the AKC. A parent club is also responsible for writing and making any necessary changes to the official AKC standard for the breed.
The Great Pyrenees Club of America not only furthers the sport of dogs, it also does all possible to bring the natural qualities of purebred Great Pyrenees to perfection. The Club promotes and protects dogs, sponsors educational programs, provides breed information, and publishes a club magazine, the GPCA Bulletin. The GPCA has a referral service which provides information on the location of responsible member breeders. In addition, the GPCA also has a network of national rescue volunteers, who place Pyrs in need of new homes.
The GPCA is a non-profit 501(c)(3)corporation. It is governed by a constitution & bylaws and has a code of ethics to guide member/breeder conduct.
The GPCA website design, all photos, and the Illustrated Standard of the breed are copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced in any way. All other text information on this website may be reproduced. If you choose to use any of our information, give this website credit and provide a link back to this site.
- 09/08/2021 - The 2020/2021 Natiional Specialty Premium List is now available
- 09/07/2021 - NOTE: The Board of Directors is committed to the safety of our members. While the COVID situation is still ever-changing, we will observe all required and recommended protocols in place by the CDC, State, City and Hotel during our National Specialties. Based on the current status of COVID, this would include requiring masks in all indoor spaces. We will also provide attendees the ability to self-identify if they have been vaccinated by wearing a sticker. This will allow our more vulnerable attendees the opportunity to maintain social distance from those unvaccinated. We will update you again as we approach November.
- 02/12/2021 - We are pleased to announce new dates for our 2020 & 2021 National Specialties. Our Specialties will be at the Founders Inn & Spa, Virginia Beach, VA Nov 6–13, 2021. The tentative schedule has been posted. We hope that all our members will be vaccinated against COVID-19, and our lives will have returned to some degree of normality by then.
We encourage you to make your hotel reservations early as we have a limited block of rooms. Contact the hotel directly at (800)-926-4466 or (757)366-5700 and identify yourself as part of the GPCA National Specialty group.
The 2022 National Specialty is scheduled for April 2022 in Chicago. Stay safe.
Amy Zacher, 2020 & 2021 National Specialty Chair
and the GPCA Board of Directors
- 08/06/2021 - Note the deadlines for the 2020/2021 National Specialties:
September 6, 2021
Specialty Merchandise (No changes or refunds after this date)
October 13, 2021
National Specialty show entries (to BaRay Event Services, Inc.)
October 13, 2021
Reservations with The Founders Inn Hotel
October 20, 2021
Submitting your registration
October 25, 2021
- 01/18/2021 - 2021 Annual Meeting Notice
- 12/07/2020 - 2020 Nominating Committee Report
- 09/13/2020 - A note from the Disaster Preparedness Committee
- 08/31/2020 - GPCA Title Holders Book now available for download free of charge
- 05/11/2020 - 2022 GPCA National Specialty Non-regular judges announced
- 05/01/2020 - 2022 National Specialty Judge Final Results